Friday, March 16, 2012

Okay Maybe An Intevention is Required

When I heard there was going to be a bike parts swap meet in Newark, DE on March 17th for mountain bike riders I thought sure, I have 5 or 6 things to sell.  And they are big ticket items so it should justify the $20 vendor fee.  Count me in.

So I started cleaning out the garage.  And the basement.  And the shed.  And my closets in the house.  And tearing down one of my bikes that never gets used.  And there was some good news and some bad news.

First the good news:  In all likelihood I was going to have some serious cash in my hands after the swap meet.  But the bad news is...that I might just have a problem that only a mountain biker intervention can solve.  I don't just have 5 or 6 extra things to sell.  I have DOZENS of items.  And serious ticket items too.  Here are some photos of some of the just some of the items as I laid them out in preparation for pricing and transporting.  Mind you I've only been in this hobby for 23 months and there are still three full bikes hanging in the garage that are not being sold.  Yeah, maybe I have a problem.
  • Fuji 19” Carbon Hardtail Frame w/ Headset – (For 26” Wheels)
  • Trek 19” 4300 Series Hardtail Frame – (For 26” Wheels)
  • Fox Transition Dirt Jump Helmet – Camo
  • Countour HD 1080P Helmet Cam
  • Fox Baseline MTB Shorts 2010 - Black
  • Pearl Izumi Canyon Short - Black
  • Yakima Raptor Aero Rooftop Upright Bike Mount
  • Fox F29 RL G2 Fork
  • Ergon GP1 Lock On Grips
  • Lizard Skin Peaty Lock On Grips – Silver
  • Lizard Skin Peaty Lock On Grips – Red
  • Fox ’09 MX Ride Jersey
  • Bontrager Race X Lite 26” Wheelset  1660g
  • Shimano XTR FC-M970 Crankset 2010, 175mm,  44-32-24
  • Shimano XTR RD-M972 Long Cage Rear Derailleur
  • Shimano XTR FD-M971  Top Mount Bottom Swing Front Derailleur
  • Shimano XTR FD-M971  Top Mount Bottom Swing Front Derailleur
  • Shimano XTR ST-M975 / BR-M975 Integrated Shifter & Disc Brake Set
  • Selle Italia SLR Flow Carbon Saddle, Vanox Rails, MTB, 181g
  • Lynskey Titanium Carbon Seatpost 31.6 x 400mm, Zero Setback  225g
  • Ritchey Pro Carbon Seatpost  31.6 x 400mm,  Setback
  • Ritchey Pro Carbon Stem  90mm x 6deg
  • Ritchey Pro Carbon Riser Bars  20mm rise, 31.8, cut to 610mm



Come on down to the Newak Fire Hall tomorrow and get some gear.  I'm sure you'll find the stuff you need to have a gnarly ride, dude.

1 comment:

  1. Avoid leaving your beach cruiser out in the rain or outside overnight if dew is a possibility for the next morning.

    bike bell

    ReplyDelete